Wednesday, March 4, 2015

MCT Inspiration Wednesday

Hello! It's Inspiration Wednesday at MyCreativeTime. For my cards today I was inspired by THIS tutorial that I got in an email. I've wanted to try a "bokeh" card for a long time. I don't have white pigment ink, so I used white acrylic paint instead. For this first card I used picked raspberry, ripe persimmons, and squeezed lemonade distress inks. I wanted my bokeh to be bright! :) I used the Bunch Of Fun Circles Dies for the bokeh dots and for my greeting circles. I used the Fun Lowercase Dies for the greetings on both cards. And the "2" is from the Number Fun Dies. And after I made this card, I had to try a rainbow version! :)
Yay! RAINBOW! :) For this one I used distress reinkers. I used worn lipstick, dried marigold, squeezed lemonade, shabby shutters, tumbled glass, and shaded lilac. Again, I used the Bunch of Fun Circles dies for my bokeh dots stencils. :) OH, and I used the Stitched Rectangular Frames And More Dies for the card panels. This was super fun...and messy. ;)

Pop over to MyCreativeTime to see more creations!

♥ Nikki ♥


10 comments:

  1. OH WOW What cool cards you created!! You really did an outstanding creative job.
    I would've loved to have watched you in creative action.....it was quite something to read what you did and how you did it. Definitely you were ever so clever with all of Miss Emma's goodies. WOW!! YOU so ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are soooo cute!! Love the rainbow one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nikki ~I hope you know my jaw hurts! Nope actually killing me because my jaw dropped to the ground when I saw these cards! G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. do I need to say anymore?? You have my addy right??? dying here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one Beautiful technique...I also got and watched this video and after seeing how beautiful your cards are, I know I have to try this also. I like your idea to see through the sentiment...I would hate to cover up too much of that beautiful background. Fabulous job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried this either but will definitely have to look at the tutorial you watched and give it a go. Love both of the cards you made and brilliant idea to make circle stencils with your dies. Fingers crossed I get some cards that look as good as yours!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!