Sunday, February 9, 2014

You're One Cool Cat

Hello! First off I apologize for the horrible photo's. Grr. I'll have my new camera soon. Yay! Anyhoo, I started this card by coloring the adorable kitty from the Diddle Diddle set from PeachyKeenStamps. For the body of the kitty I used only one distress marker in spiced marmalade. I controlled the color by adding more and less water to my brush. I used vintage photo for the violin and spun sugar for his ears. I used the Polka Dots stencil by Heidi Swapp to create my patterned paper with orange soda and bubble gum hero arts shadow inks. Then I cut a circle out of the side with a die. 
That greeting is from the Cool Cats set from PeachyKeenStamps.  I finished it off with sequins, gems, and some sakura glitter pen on the violin. :)

♥ Nikki ♥

p.s. HAPPY WALKING DEAD DAY! :) 

6 comments:

  1. Love it...super cute colouring job on the cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute! Love the card layout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card--you make great-looking cards, and you put a lot of effort to make them just so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nikki, this is awesome!!!! You rock those markers and stencils. I LOVE it! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever how you put the kitty in the cut circle. Great dot background. Your kitty is colored so well. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nikki ~ Oh this is too CUTE too!! LOVE the coloring and the design plus the papers! PER~FECTLY done as always!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!