Friday, February 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Rainbow Funness ;)

Hello! I'm playing along in the Hero Arts Blog Birthday Card Challenge. One of the categories is to make a birthday card with rainbow colors...so I of course picked that one. :) I white heat embossed the Hexagon Background by Hero Arts. Then I used the new seasonal Distress Markers to color it in. When I was finished coloring I spritzed it with a mixture of perfect pearls and water in a mini mister. Then I used an exacto knife to cut out some hexagons to turn into shaker windows. :) Then I filled the shakers with a rainbow of sequins
For the greeting strip I used the same colors and brushed over it with the perfect pearls mixture. I made sure it was super dry and white heat embossed the greeting from the Year Round Sentiments by Hero Arts. That's it...I hope your eyes are ok. ;)

♥ Nikki ♥

p.s. The new seasonal distress inks are on sale for just 26 bucks at Blitsy right now! If you sign up and order through my link you'll help me earn money for a future purchase...and they you can do the same! 




6 comments:

  1. Fab and fun...love the bright rainbow colours...and of course the shakers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! Love the bright and cheerful colors. Awesome shaker hexagons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever coloring job on such a colorful fun shaker card. Super job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving hexagons right now - and the colors look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shut the front door on this card too! I need to stop stalking because my jaw is starting to hurt! I LVOE this Nikki! I just need to sit beside you for one day and watch you do your magic! LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!