Wednesday, October 3, 2012

3D Wednesday


Hello! It's 3D Wednesday again over at MyCreativeTime. Today I chose to make an easel card as my 3D project. Here is video tutorial on how to make the easel base. Super easy. And here's my card...
I apologize for the not so great photo, but it's rainy and gloomy here. Anyhoo...I cut a triangle and made a Christmas tree with buttons, pearls, and gems. I had this idea stored in my noggin after seeing a beautiful card done by Shari Carroll. {hers is MUCH better than this} I stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment from the It's A Magical Season set on to the Curly Label Die. I also white heat embossed the sentiment from the From Our Family To Yours set on the blue strip on the inside. That bit is raised up with foam dots to help to hold up the easel part. The papers I used are from an old Basic Grey collection called Figgy Pudding. The buttons and ribbon are from PaperTreyInk.com. 

Have a fabulous day!
♥ Nikki ♥


14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! One of these days, I'm going to make the easel card. Thanks for the terrific tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the most beautiful Christmas card...love the non traditional colours!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS. The colors are perfect and what a beautiful tree. I love this idea. Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is so BEAUTIFUL!! Love the button tree, it turned out so nice!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki ~ OMG! This is just GORGEOUS!!!I LOVE the tree with the buttons and the little pearls! WOW! Such an awesome effect! Well the sentiment goes perfectly with it along with the papers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super pretty! I love your card, Im going to have to try this out:)

    Peace, Love, & Cricut Hugs!
    Monica L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Super Cute Card. I love that Button Tree. Another Great Card for sure. Smooches...

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL job with your button tree Nikki!that is such an AWESOME idea!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your button tree better than the one with paper circles. It looks like you sewed your buttons on...very good. I love easel cards...perfect when the front is going to be heavy. Great job!
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and peaceful.

    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how purty girlie!! LOVE the button tree!! I also would LOVE to be able to tie a bow that pretty!! Fabulous as ALWAYS!! Hugs, Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love LOVE this card! I adore the colors and the glorious button tree with all those tiny pearls tucked in. (P.S. Shari's card is cute, but your card is GORGEOUS!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is simply gorgeous! I love, love, love the colors! And the buttons on the tree are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!Love Christmas!!!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!