Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Winner....and Thank you, grasshopper!!!

First things first...The winner of the Peachy Keen Santa set is.....Jenny Kozar

Jenny said:You have been busy! Love them all but those chipboard gingy ornaments are too cute! I also love the format you used for your cards.

So fun Nikki thanks for sharing as always!
Jenny Kozar

CONGRATS JENNY!!!! Shoot me an email with your addy so I can ship your new stamps to you!!! And now onto my card that was brought about by a REALLY CUTE thing that my Father in Law said on his visit....


Ok, so this card has a SUPER CUTE story behind it! My hubby was giving his Dad "the tour" of the house. They had walked into the craft room, and I heard his Dad say, "oh, is that all Nikki's grasshopper stuff"??? I was DYING laughing!!!! But I think he's right! I should be a grasshopper because it's all grasshopper green! HAHAHAHA Crickets are brown/black! So, anyhoo I just had to whip up a card for him really quickly to thank him for coming to visit AND for totally crackin' me up!!! ☺I made this so fast I messed up and got white gelly pen on the face, but oh well!

The grasshopper is from Stretch Your Imagination {my 2nd cartridge ever!}...and the sentiment is from the new Scripted Year set from PinkByDesign which I can tell is going to be my new "go to" set! OH and the face is from the Critter Faces Large set from PeachyKeenStamps.com. Ok, that's it for today!

♥ Nikki ♥

17 comments:

  1. LOL! Grasshopper stuff!!! I love it! The card is adorable too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's soooo cute!! Love this card!!
    Congrats to Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, and what a CUTE story behind it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card....and funny story! TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so super cute! Great job, TFS :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card and cute story! Lol. -Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love love love this grasshopper!! omgosh.. i need to do something with a grasshopper.. those are my favorate insect!!!!! cute cute...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, its so cheery! Cute story too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grasshopper - LOVE IT!!! Adorable card!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cutie patootie grasshopper! :) I love the story behind him too. That's too cute!! LOL

    congrats to Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww that is too funny I would have been peeing my pants laughing..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Too cute!! Thanks for sharing!!

    HeartAMZ1@aol.com
    Debbie Chapman

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this cartridge and tried to make the grasshopper but mine wasn't as big as yours... and i can see that by making it bigger it LOOKS SO MUCH CUTER!!! I think it's darling and I bet your father-in-law loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Jenny and I love the grasshopper story and he is so right lol.
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!