Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Peachy Keen Challenge # 26

Hello and happy PeachyKeenChallenge day! The challenge is to create a card using all the items/colors/methods listed below

-Stitching {either hand drawn or by needle}
-White and Orange {card can have more colors}
-Contain one "up-cycled item" {something that could be thrown away}
-Any Peachy Keen Stamp

For my card, I used sticker packaging that looked like this...

And turned it into this....
A FISH TANK!!! ;o) I love thinking outside the box/packaging! LOL The super cute puffer fish is from the Under The Sea stamp set and the adorable little starfish is from the Sea Animals and Creatures stamp set. The thought "bubble" is from the Cute Kitties stamp set. Here is a side view to see the tanks dimension...I was even able to add pop dots to my lil' creatures!
To "fin"ish {get it?! HA} off my card I did some hand stitching with orange embroidery floss...and some faux stitching with my Sakura Gelly Roll opaque white pen which can also be purchased at PeachyKeenStamps.com HERE 

Please swim over to the Challenge Blog and play along with us! This challenge will not be judged a random winner will be chosen. The prize this time is the BRAND SPANKING NEW.........Happy Bird and Phrases stamp set!!!

HAPPY STAMPING!!!

Nikki

11 comments:

  1. What a great idea to use your packaging for a fish tank! Your card is super-CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Super duper idea! Awesome card!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WEll Miss Nikki!! Isn't this just the most adorable card! I love it!! You are SO GOOD and love the creative way you incorporated the song to the card! You are the bomb!! Thank you for everything! Lots of Love and HUGS!! Kathy
    PS. I have to wait for the end of the song :)
    so long sailin' ba bye.. :) oH and now another Under the Sea.. I LOVE THIS SONG!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so super cute! You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nikki, this is absolutely awesome!! That was so clever of you to use the packaging in the way you did, and I would have NEVER thought of that!! Your coloring on these cute little sea creatures is wonderful, and I love the green plaid sea weed! Amazing card, my friend!!

    Love and hugs,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is AWESOME. It turned out SO CUTE!!! Way to think outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness! that is too cute and inventive!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Nikki, this is way toooo cute! I LOVE EVERYTHING about it! including your music!:)
    sorry my comment is running late, my son is still sick so I'm just trying to catch up while he is napping!
    Big HUGS,
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative! The packaging is perfect. Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg......i just saw your fish tank...how cute is that. i love this. now i'm what i consider rather frugal, and save 'almost' everything, but this pkging i've always thrown out. no more, nadda, never again. you enabler you...
    thanks,
    kat

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh Nikki, I love your aquarium card!! It is such a clever idea to use the packaging in that way!! The puffer fish is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by my little corner of the crafty blogosphere! i LOVE comments!